(If you use AOL, Verizon, or Yahoo, link here for specific instructions)
APHA has encountered problems sending group mails (including APHA Agenda Newsletters) and will no longer try to chase down members whose emails bounce back. If you don't receive your newsletter by noontime Tuesday (or any other time you suspect you have not received an expected email from APHA), contact us and we'll resend, but we won't follow up after receiving bounces.
To "white list" an email sender means you are telling your email application (like gmail, hotmail, outlook, verizon, comcast or any other) that you want to accept email from that address; you do not want it identified as spam.
Most email applications will automatically white list an address if that sender's address appears in your Address Book or Address Directory or list of Contacts.
So here are general instructions for adding our APHAdvocates.org email addresses to your address book or contact list:
- Log in to your email account or open your email "client" (program.)
- Find your address book, list of contacts or addresses. (Using Mac OS X click on Mail > Preferences > Rules > Add Rule)
- Look for the word ADD, or a + sign.
Then add the following:
(optional) First Name: APHA
(optional) Last Name: Member Services
Then this APHA email address: email@example.com
Then click on SAVE.
- Repeat for the following addresses - all of which we use for APHA:
- A shortcut to make it easier: if you use a * with the domain then it will accept email from any of the email addresses used in that domain.
Should you have a question about email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discuss this topic:
Check in with APHA Members Connect! Discussion Forum