APHA PRECEPTORSHIP PROGRAM
A CLINICIAN’S ON-RAMP TO PATIENT ADVOCACY
There’s nothing easy about healthcare. As a healthcare insider, you know that all too well. It’s been rough for nurses and other clinicians. Many are just DONE. Burned out. Ready to call it quits.
But instead of throwing in the towel, YOU want to find new ways to help people. You want control over your time – and your life. You want to use your hard-earned expertise to do good.
If this sounds like you, patient advocacy may be the answer.
Many patients struggle to navigate the healthcare system. They’re lost, confused, and overwhelmed. They need someone to guide them through their healthcare journeys. You can be their guide – and we can help you make that transition.
APHA’s Preceptorship Program is specially designed to provide nurses and other clinicians with a smooth on-ramp into the practice of patient advocacy.
Who should participate
This program is designed for nurses and other clinicians to facilitate a smooth transition into patient advocacy. If you’ve been in clinical practice or served as a care manager, discharge nurse, utilization reviewer, or other clinical or planning role, this program will help you bridge those experiences to your new role as a patient advocate.
If you want to jumpstart your career in patient advocacy, this is a great program for you. Preceptors are seasoned nurse mentors who have been in your shoes. They speak the same professional language and share common training and reference points.
Need more information? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or to schedule an information session.
APHA’s Preceptorship Program combines formal online coursework with one-on-one training. As a participant, you’ll be paired with a seasoned nurse advocate for personalized coaching, mentoring, and guidance. Participants leave with a solid foundation in patient advocacy principles and practices and how to apply their clinical expertise in an advocacy role.
The three-month program includes:
- Online learning – Nearly 20 modules on the practice and business of patient advocacy
- Live instruction, mentoring, and support – 12 live (virtual) sessions with a seasoned nurse preceptor to review course material, address participant goals and questions, and review real-world client scenarios
- Patient advocacy textbooks – 3 books by Trisha Torrey, patient advocacy pioneer and founder of APHA
Space is limited. Register today!
|Path 1 - Independent Practice||Path 2 - Guided On-ramp|
|Right for you if:||You know you want to start an independent practice||You know you want to provide advocacy services but not start or run your own business|
|Includes all the Preceptorship Program components PLUS:||APHA Premium Membership||Umbra Associate Membership
*Payment plans available (50% upfront, 25% at the start of Month 2 and 25% at the start of Month 3)
MONTH 1: Patient Advocacy Introduction
- Online Coursework: Targeted modules on patient advocacy foundations, ethics, principles, and best practices
- Live Sessions: 4 live (virtual) modules to review course material in the context of individual participant goals and objectives
MONTH 2: The Nuts and Bolts of Advocacy Work
- Online Coursework: Targeted modules on business basics and the strategy and operational aspects of launching a patient advocacy practice
- Live Sessions: 4 live (virtual) modules to review course material and address individual participant practice needs and questions
MONTH 3: Putting Theory into Practice
- Live Sessions: 4 live (virtual) sessions to review real-world situations and challenges
Want more mentoring after the formal program ends? Book time with your preceptor for weekly or monthly check-ins and live support. Additional fees apply.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information or to schedule an information session.