Your client has been diagnosed, and treatment has been prescribed in the form of a very expensive prescription drug (not uncommon these days). A little research shows that there’s no generic equivalent and that all the possible opportunities for saving money on the cost of the drug are found online.
But how safe is that pharmacy you found online? Can those very low prices be real? Can you trust a pharmacy you find online will deliver the right drug, in the right dose? And what if it’s located in another country – what is the legality of ordering from abroad? Will your insurance cover a drug you buy online? Do you really a need a prescription?
Our guest expert for this APHA Call-in will be Lucia Mueller from PharmacyChecker. PharmacyChecker has been helping consumers purchase their drugs safely online, in the US, Canada, and other countries around the world, since 2002. They are experts in access to affordable medication online and at your clients’ local pharmacy.
Podcast Available: 38 minutes
- Pharmacy Checker website: www.PharmacyChecker.com
- Contact Lucia Mueller: email@example.com
- FDA Personal Importation Policy
- Pharmacy Checker Research – newly FDA-approved generics, their lack of availability, and cost
- Pharmacy Checker’s Verification Portal (to check the status of online pharmacies)
- Prescription Justice – if your meds are seized at any US border, you might be able to get them back
- Mentioned during the call are Trisha Torrey’s articles at VeryWellHealth (formerly About.com – all written before 2014 no matter what the date on them says.)
Discuss this topic:
Check in with APHA Members Connect! Discussion Forum